- University of Southern California - B.S. Computer Science 2006, cum laude
- University of Southern California - M.S. Computer Science 2006
- Columbia Law School - J.D. 2013
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Carlos is an experienced attorney with a practice directed to drafting and prosecution of patent applications in the software, computing and telecommunications arts. He also has significant experience in patent litigation, patent infringement and validity counseling, and intellectual property due diligence projects. Previously, Carlos was an associate at the law firm of Morrison & Foerster LLP in Los Angeles, and worked for several years as a software engineer prior to attending law school.
- Considerations in Obtaining Advice of Counsel to Rebut a Claim of Willfulness, Bloomberg BNA's Patent, Trademark and Copyright Journal, October 2014.