- Birmingham Southern College - B.S. Physics and Chemistry 1983 cum laude
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law - J.D. 1989
- State of Minnesota
- State of Alabama
- District of Columbia and the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
H. Sanders Gwin, Jr. is a Principal of Shumaker & Sieffert. Sanders specializes in patent preparation/prosecution and patent infringement/validity counseling in the chemical, materials and software fields. Previously, Sanders was a Principal of Fish & Richardson P.C., Intellectual Property Counsel with 3M, Associate with Darby & Darby, Intellectual Property Attorney with Allied Signal, and Associate with Sughrue. Sanders also served as a Judicial Clerk to The Honorable Edward S. Smith, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.