- William Mitchell College of Law - JD 1994
- Southern Methodist University - MS Computer Engineering 1987
- University of Wisconsin - BS Electrical Engineering 1984
- State of Minnesota
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association (MIPLA)
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Thomas F. Brennan is a Senior Counsel of Shumaker & Sieffert. He is a registered patent attorney with nearly 25 years of patent practice experience and ten years of industry experience as a computer systems engineer. Tom has particular technical expertise in the fields of computer hardware, software and image/signal processing. Tom focuses on patent preparation/prosecution, patent infringement/validity analysis, and patent portfolio engineering.
Previously, Tom was a Shareholder at Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner and an Associate at Merchant & Gould. Tom also worked an Engineer at GE Medical Systems, E-Systems and Sperry Univac (now Unisys).