- The Ohio State University - B.S. Computer Science, B.A. History, magna cum laude with honors - 2003
- University of Minnesota - J.D. magna cum laude - 2006
- State of Minnesota
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Association
Al Vredeveld is a registered patent attorney and focuses on helping clients obtain patent protection for their inventions. Al also counsels clients regarding a variety of intellectual property issues, such as patent infringement, patent validity, portfolio management, and licensing. Prior to joining Shumaker & Sieffert, Al practiced intellectual property law at Merchant & Gould. Before attending law school, Al worked at IBM in Rochester, Minnesota. While at IBM, Al developed software to validate server hardware.
Minnesota Super Lawyers identified Al as a 2010 Rising Star.