- University of Utah - B.S. Electrical Engineering 2001
- University of Minnesota Law School - J.D. 2007
- State of Minnesota
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
Ambar is a registered patent attorney specializing in national and international patent prosecution in analog and digital circuits, software, computer architecture, telecommunication, and medical devices. Ambar’s practice also includes infringement counseling, opinion work, and portfolio management. Prior to his career as a patent attorney, Ambar worked as a Customer Application Engineer for Maxim Integrated in the optical communications group. Ambar originally joined the firm as a law clerk during law school.
Ambar currently serves on the Corporate IP Management Committee of IPO.
“Prosecution Advice for Extracting Damages with Smallest Saleable Patent Practicing Unit (SSPPU),” presented December 2014.