- University of Wisconsin - B.S. Electrical Engineering, 1990, with Highest Distinction
- University of California at Berkeley School of Law - J.D., 1993, Senior Notes & Comments Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the State of Minnesota
- State Courts of Minnesota
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Mark is a registered patent attorney with expertise in computer hardware and software, and has substantial experience procuring, litigating, and monetizing software inventions. Prior to joining Shumaker & Sieffert, Mark founded Northbrook Digital LLC, an Internet software company, and led Northbrook’s product development and patent strategy until Northbrook was acquired by one of Silicon Valley’s most prominent companies. Prior to Northbrook, Mark practiced law at Dorsey & Whitney in Minneapolis.