- Duke University - B.S. Electrical Engineering
- University of Maryland School of Law - JD
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- District of Columbia
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Group
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association of Corporate Patent Counsel
Tim is a registered U.S. patent attorney, focusing on patent prosecution, patent portfolio strategy, IP policy, licensing and infringement counseling in the electronics and software fields. Previously, Tim served as VP & Legal Counsel for IP Policy and, earlier, VP & Chief Patent Counsel, at Qualcomm. Tim is an active member of IPO, AIPLA and ACPC.